Ally & Ryan – ONE MILLION BOOKS
Meet Ally (12) & Ryan (10), two inspirational students, who are making a big impact to increase children’s literacy! Watch their motivating video and then, read more about their story!
Ally & Ryan’s family had always wanted to do a book drive, but hesitated because they didn’t know who would put them to good use. In June of 2011, they found the Page it Forward program and Bernie’s Book Bank and as Ally & Ryan’s mom, Andee says, “Here was the missing piece!” Page It Forward Deerfield was created with the goal of collecting 10,000 books – after three short months, they had collected 25,232 quality books to be redistributed through Bernie’s Book Bank!
Their new goal is to collect 1 MILLION books over the next ten years – when Ryan, their youngest family member, heads off to college.
Needless to say, we love the Wilkov Family’s spirit and initiative! What an amazing lesson for all of us – Ally & Ryan are not only learning first-hand about the benefits of service, but also about goal setting, teamwork, leadership and communication! Way to go!
To support Ally & Ryan – ONE MILLION BOOKS
1) Tell your friends and family
2) Follow their progress on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/OneMillionBooks
3) Donate books: email them at [email protected] and they’ll come pick them up!
4) Drop off or send your books directly to Bernie’s Book Bank, designating the books to be donated to their drive:
Ally & Ryan – One Million Books
c/o Bernie’s Book Bank
28101 Ballard Dr. Unit A
Lake Forest, IL 60045
5) Make a tax deductible donation via PayPal: https://Bernies.formstack.com/forms/ally_ryan_one_million_books
Every $100 you donate allows us to serve 21 children with 12 quality books for the year.
Thank you so much for your support!
INSPIRED? Start your own family or group book drive today! We’ll give you everything you need to be a success! Contact Dawn Watrous to get started: [email protected]